Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

surfsce modeling with IGES curves.

salil

Hi all,

I was working on a project where I'd to build surface models & then to thicken solid, basicaly a shmt job.

Input was IGES curves & I found is very difficult & at some places it was Impossible & then completed the job in CATIA v4 & UG nx.

Bottomline, Working on Imported geometry & on surfaces having comlpicated shapes is very very difficult in proe.

I would like to know your experience friends!!!!

Salil

Sometimes I use geometry from other programs like AW Studio Tools. When I was working on design for new hull for marine

With wildfire you can convert your iges curves with isdx as well.

I still prefer to build my own, but the option is there.

Mike

I loaded IGES wireframe data into a new part file by using Curve | From File. The IGES wireframe data was present I then went into ISDX and used Edit | Convert . I tried to select individual wireframe curves but the software only allowed me to pick the all the curves at once ( there wasn't a way to just select a single curve). Anyway when using the Edit | Convert command I got the following info on the command line Selection did not contain any planar, COS, or dropped curves to convert. Therefore it created a Style feature which contained nothing. Is there something I missed ? TIA

My mistake ( i use mapkeys and cant always remember where stuff is located).

its under styling>curve from datum

In isdx.

Sorry about that.

Mike

Hi friends,

I think I don't have ISDX option, any specific module is required for that ?

To preapare non coplaner surfaces I was using surface by boundries but I found most of the time it will result in creating flow lines on surface & then the surface will bwcome more problematic to fillets & to thicken because these lines will show there presence on solid too, so how to avoid those ?

salil

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back