Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Stress contour color plots

rvestep

Does anybody know why there are no stress contour colors on a Von Misses stress analysis on the results window? The part I modeled is blue only and the scale shows stress values. Also, I can do an Info - view max and it shows a maximum value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Yes, your problem is that you have a stress concentration and it is so much higher than other stresses in the model that the contour plot is not useful as shown. To see if this is the case try using a dynamic query and running the cursor over the blue region to see if there is, in fact, stress there. Also try zooming in on the max stress location and look for contour lines there. To fix this you are probably going to have to change you geometry. You may also want to take a closer look at you constrains to see if they are accurate. Hope this helps.

If you aren't interested in the stress at the concentration, you can also change your legend range. I don't have Pro/Mech in front of me, but the link to change this range is up there under one of the File Edit View etc.. toolbar buttons.

Thank you for the suggestions. It was a stress concentration factor. I'm fairly new to this program and I appreciate the quick response.

Very helpful, thanks

Rick

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back