Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

start part & start assy parameters

saspinall

Had a system from early versions of pro-e where we had a start part & assy located in menu's on the screen through mapkeys which loaded up the start part, renamed it with a prompt, then promted you to modify several part parameters. This was controlled in the config.pro mapkey through the menu "Setup > Modify > Parameters > Param-Name". However when using Wildfire 1, the mapkey doesnt work as the modify parameters is now under the Tools menu and parameters are now in a table not a list. Anyone any ideas how to automate modifying parameters in Wildfire 1 (And 2) using mapkey and start parts

Thanks

Stu

Mapkeys can not run nice with the new user interface.

Set config option to use old parameter user interface:

I don't want to enable the old UI as default. The users like the new
user interface, so I have make to .pro files (ui_new.pro and
ui_new.pro). One to enable old interface and one to enable new user
interface.

The .pro files is loading from mapkeys. One mapkey to enable old UI and
one to enable new UI. This way you can reuse the mapkeys in other
mapkeys.

ui_new.pro:

new_parameter_ui Yes

new_relation_ui yes

ui_old.pro:

new_parameter_ui no

new_relation_ui no

Regards

Jnoval

Hi Stu,

The only option you have is to recreate the mapkeys (to suit to the new wf environment) if you want to continue working like the earlier way. This is because all the menus and their locations have been changed in wf 1 and 2.

Regards,

Vishnu

I am sorry,
smiley19.gif
but I have to disagree with vishnushankar. It can workif you just recreate the mapkey, but not everytime.Mapkeys record the place in the UI when you record a mapkey, and not the parameter name. If you or the user add or delete a parameter, then your mapkey will select a wrongparameter. I have try this with WF1. It is not stable. The old UI is working unless how many other parameters there is in the model.

But you can try it
smiley2.gif
with the new UI, and the add or delete somen other parameters and with other models, with other parameters.

Regards

jnoval

Cheers all for the replies. Have come to the conclusion its better off deleting the mapkey and simply telling the users to modify the parameters using the table as there are only 7 ot 8 parameters to do. Decided on this because tried taking off the new parameter ui and it worked ok, but experience tells us that ptc let u turn it off this version but next time wont be able to.

Once again thanks all
smiley2.gif

Stu
smiley20.gif

Hi,

I apologise for the oversight on my post. I 100% agree with jnoval on his comments.

In any case Stu you have found a better alternative.

Rgds

Vishnu

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back