Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

STANDARDS FOR MODELLING

Dr C

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF IMPLEMENTING PRO/E AND I AM KEEN ON ISSUING COMPANY STANDARDS FOR MODELLING SO THAT ALL MODELS ARE DRAWN IN A SIMILAR FASION.

DOES ANYONE DO THIS? - ANY IDEADS?

I AM LOOKING FOR A HEAD START!

T.I.A.

You really need to develop your modeling standards to the specific product you are designing. I have been involved with multiple companies developing standards and they are all different. Although there always has been some basic modeling practices that you use within Pro/E, ie; make datums on the fly, rounds and chamfers at the bottom of the model tree, etc.

My company helps to establish complete starup environment including star parts, templates, configuration files. intralink and so on.

We do it in a way of turn key system.

Would you be interested in such consulting?

Try some of these:

- Use default datum planes - sketch primary features on these

- Reflect manufacture - try to build the Pro/E model as you would make it in real life

- structure the model tree - group features together, rename important features for identification

- Use part & drawing templates - standardise datums, views, etc

- Use drawing setup file (dtl) - for views, text & arrow styles, etc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back