Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

square icon next to part name in tree

hellomoto

I have an assembly consisting of five components. Assembly was created by someone else. The part names are listed in the tree in the side pane. Some of the parts have a rectangle icon with a dot in the center of the rectangle next to the part name. What is the meaning of that icon?

Everything works, nothing unsual. just curious. Why are some of the names shown with that little icon. Does it have a meaning like the plus icon?

Thx,

newbie, wf2.0 M220

May be the components are not constrained completely.go for edit defination and check whether the component is constrained in all dof. I would not have worried abt it if that is my intend to keep some of the components partially constrained(packaged component).

Regards,

Deepak Bhat

Partshaving a rectangle with a dot are "connected" and not constrained within the assembly. This allows some degree of freedom for kinematic and dynamic analysis. If you select the hand icon: View attachment 2877you can drag a connected part and the children of that part.

If the part is underconstrained or unconstrained (packaged) the rectangle will be empty (no dot).

If the part doesn't drag with the hand, then it may have been locked down by a connection that fully constrains the object rather than leaving it with a DOF.

Parts having a rectangle with a dot are "connected" and not constrained within the assembly. This allows some degree of freedom for kinematic and dynamic analysis. If you select the hand icon: you can drag a connected part and the children of that part.

View attachment 2878

If the part is underconstrained or unconstrained (packaged) the rectangle will be empty (no dot).

If the part doesn't drag with the hand, then it may have been locked down by a connection that fully constrains the object rather than leaving it with a DOF.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back