Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Spring - adjustable center

Mag1

Ok, I'm trying to model a spring that is flexable, but also have a center line that moves. A part of the spring will have a straight section, (standard spring), and the one end's center line is an arc. This spring is contained within a tube, and compresses up into the straight section. Is there a way to model the spring, and then can it be modeled with flexable components so that it can compress into a straight section?

Thanks for any help. I'm on Wildfire 4.

View attachment 5407

Suggest you first make a straight line spring that is flexible such that you appreciate what the issues are. There are plenty of tutorials out there that will help. If you can't do that then come back and ask.

With what you have drawn I think the problem will be when the arc reduces to zero assumimg that the compression goes into the straight part.

The straight part was easy. I was hoping to get the curved portionon it so it would look right in the asm. I did make the spring a flexable component in the asm. and it worked good enough. So, thanks for any input.

Tobias, Thanks, I forgot about doing one that way. I had seen something like that in the past. I work with a fair amount of var sec sweeps, but not in that context.

sorry, new post , i found an "issue" with the last one, but here is a new one.

The issue was that when theVSS entered the "straight line" then it failed, so what i did was to draw a sketch , and then converted it into a spline inside sketcher. That works. I

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back