Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Split Repeat Region across multiple (discontinuous) sheets

kwooster

So, here is my situation... My company creates a LOT of "weldment" drawings. We create assemblies with combinations of sheetmetal, structural and purchased parts (e.g. weld studs, etc.). The problem is at the detailing stage. We put a parts list on the first sheet that looks like this:

ScreenShot121.jpg

We then put the material information in a different table on the sheet that the part is detailed on. So, on each subsequent sheet, there is a table with the header information and one line that shows a manual field for the item number, a field for our raw material part number and material description (using part parameters) and a calculated "area" field. If we happen to detail more than one "item" on a sheet, we add a single line table and manually place it underneath the first table, and so on.

I am curious to hear how others deal with similar situations?

Also, I figure I can create another table that is basically a copy of the table shown above, change which parameters the columns reference, and then break it up across the appropriate pages using the "paginate" functionality, but I can't seem to get it to split up the way that I want, especially if there is a page in the middle (say, with extra details) that doesn't have any tables required.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to split the repeat regions that way or a better way to detail these?

Thanks,
Karl

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back