Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

someone shoot me.....

tinag

I takes alot to wind me up! I consider myself to be a very calm person, but.... When companies put cutting costs before the needs of their employees i see RED!!

For 3 yrs now i have been trying to get them to update the pc which we have pro/nc running on, and for 3 yrs they have said no. Please note that this pc is app 11yrs old, cannot write disks, has a corrupt floppy drive and the parallel port is caput! But they insist it is good enough!

Now, when they then purchase a new cnc machine costing over a quarter of a million

We dont have a processor for the machine, So i downloaded a trial version of TesoPost which requires a dongle. Because both of my pc's run using NT it needed to be parallel connecting, so i now have nc on one machine, and the postprocessor on another, with no way of transfering files from one to another as only one of them is networked and they wont network the other as it has no anti-virus, which they wont buy for it because it cost money!!!

Now i may be loosing the plot, and please excuse me if im going on a bit, but i need to air my problem (Although so far i dont feel any better!!!).

My next suggestion was to exchange the licenses for proe so that i could have nc and the post on one pc. Good idea you might think to yourself!!! Only when it tried to log the request online, to my shock and horror they had stopped paying maintenance and so i cannot log online.

I have been told that you dont need maintenance to exchange licenses and i still have access to phone logging, which i did last week and imstill waiting for the call back!!

And as time goes on my work builds up!!!

I think ive covered it all now... if not i will be back.

Thank you for listening!

tinag has found this forum the best place to lighten the burden of his heart.

shame to his company boss and wish him a better alternate job.

Israr

Israr,

I am a young women who seems to get little respect from the male engineers who i work with!!!!

But i do feel much better after off loading some of my anger! ;-)

Sorry to sound rude or anything, but why do you feel the need to keep mentioning you're a woman? I am too, but I don't feel I have to announce it all the time ..... I know Isar said called you a 'he' in his message, but, to be honest, I couldn't care if I was called a man, woman or martian (probably a lot worse that I don't hear, too!). Lighten up about it!

Know how the penny-pinching feels. tho .... ouch! Productivity has to increase, while costs come down - who taught the directors that, then?!!

Lesley

You need to quantify how much it is costing them to make such poor decisions. Create a spreadsheet that calculates how much i swasted every week, month year.

Only mentioned one time on this thread .... As I said, no offence intended.

I have absolutely no complex about it!

OK! The issue here is not my gender, or wether i am from this planet or not !!! After pro/nc froze on me several times yesterday i decided to take matters into my own hands. In that i contacted a reseller of proe who has mangaed to supply me with a temporary pro/nc license for the better spec pc, until ptc decide to call me back regarding this issue.

Lesley, no offence taken, I just dont like being referred to as a fella :)

Tinag

Fair point!

BTW, have you tried kicking the damn machine? I'm sure it's not healthy for it, but it makes you feel a whole lot better! :eek:)

The last one i had got dropped out of a window ! lol.

The boss doesnt know that ive gone behind is back to fix the licenses yet !!!

Thanx for your replies. Next time i need to let off steam, i know the best place to do it!!!

Drop-kick it is!!!! Just had a vsit from the BsoD, and all the work which i have done today no longer exists ( this is becoming a regular thing!)...

I give up!!!

tinag,

There are many companies like that, unfortunately. Not much you can do about it at times. Percussive maintenance might help make you feel better, especially if it is performed on the idiot who controls the money. It might get you fired also. You are in a frustrating position but keep in mind, they pay you by the hour and nothing else, thinking like a contractor might help preserve your sanity until you can get the issue resolved or go elsewhere.

Good luck,

jperkins

We could combine both and perform a drop-kick - I'm sure we could make Jonny Wilkinson proud!!

>> Accepted Solution

I can't stop laughing!

Thanks for making my day!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back