Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

some questions to config.pro i suppoose

Jacoolo

Hello all

Please give me the answers for following questions:

*pro\e shows me while "Open" in Open Window the generics and instances. I supposed there should be only generics and just after opening the generic the window with instances should apear, right? How to solve this case?

*what is the option in configs to make as deafult visibility of datums plans while reorienting? Now, I have to during each sesion with pro\E do it manualy by View>Model Display>Datums

*is there any options in configs which show the path to place where config for model tree is stored?

thanks in advance

muadib3d

This is ours; obviously your path will be different:
mdl_tree_cfg_file \\fs1\apps\cad-configurations\Pro-E-Configs\Model-Tree\tree. cfg

thx again pollagi
for point two it works

but for the first one - I am not convince because i stll see all instance and generic in open window while "Open" :(

but in general great thanks

thanks Peter

it is exactly what I was looking for:)

great thanks for all of You

and one thing in the end - who is such a smart guy in PTC to name the options in configs in another way that the functions in menu are named? ;)

I like this discusiion so lets not breaking it:))))

ok, one more - where is stored info about working directory in configs?

I do not promise it is my last question about configs;)))

muadib3d

Config.pro Option: FILE_OPEN_DEFAULT_FOLDER

Config.pro values: DEFAULT, WORKING_DIRECTORY, IN_SESSION, PRO_LIBRARY

THANKS LOOSLIB

another question - is it possible that spinining component in assembly with ctrl+alt can be disabled in Pro\E?

few more

-how to enable in configs to model show in shade mode with edges > View > Model Display>shade> with edges?
-what are the configs for the colour of backround and other stuff lioke messages, letters etc?

thanks in advance
muadib3d

muadib3d said:
few more

-how to enable in configs to model show in shade mode with edges > View > Model Display>shade> with edges?

show_shaded_edges yes

muadib3d said:
-what are the configs for the colour of backround and other stuff lioke messages, letters etc?

thanks in advance
muadib3d

syscol.scl file (in startup directory)

ok one more

I set the path to color.scl in configs but...

each time I run pro\e it has the color that do not come from syscol.scl in my work directory

I have to each time set it up manualy by View>display setings>....

any idea?

as I wrote - I have it already done

the problem is the pro\e seems to not open this file or..... any idea?

so when you load run proe...then you have to set it up manualy by View>display setings>....

and that's to the same file you are pointing to in config file

d:\work\syscol.scl

then that works..odd

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back