Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

slow start up and file open

jeff-gabby

Hi All

I just upgraded to an Aopen AK77-8XN motherboard AMD xp 2600+333 CPU, 1 gig of Ram, and ATI 9000 Pro video Card. We have a Network server and floating Licences.

My Problem now is that Proe at start up takes more than 1.5 minutes to load, and to open any files or menu commands takes about 30 sec per request. Has anybody had this problem and has a fix for it.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Jeff

Did you also upgrade client OS in the process? What OS is running on your Network server?

There is a known issue related to network performance when accessing NT 4.0 Server share from Windows 2000 Pro. Solution is to upgrade server to Win2k.

I had a similar problem after loading norton antivirus.

It took over 3 min to start up although file open was about the same.

Mike

Thanks for your info

I sort of narrowed the problem down to video card and Network, but Not Tomicjr suggestion, we are running 2000. The fix that is working right now is setting the Config.pro graphics opton to win32.agi instead of the default Opengl. The one draw back is that now my cpu is doing alot more work and not using the video card.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Hi All

Just to update you all, I have fixed my problem, I updated the catalyst driver 2.3 from ATI, I now can run back on opengl setting in the Config.pro.

Thank you all again for input

Jeff

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back