Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SLDPRT Elipses not showing up in .dwg???

appatula

Hey guys,
I'm very new to solidworks and have been basically teaching myself through trial and error as well as various online tutorials. I have been able to work around many of the speed bumps that have snagged me up until now. I'm pretty sure this is a SUPER simple problem, however, it is driving me nuts.

Here is the lowdown, I have a completed flat sketch of my design saved as a *.SLDPRT What I need to do is save it as a *.dwg (For avinyl plotter). The issue I am running into is that when the *.dwg box pops up with the black background and white lines to show you a preview of the *.dwg you will be saving, NONE of the elipses from my original SLDPRT are showing up? I noticed that the elipses look different from all of the other lines and the endpoints have something like asterisks.......please point me in the right direction....anyone!!

Here is a screen shot, top is of the SLDPRT, bottom is of the *dwg preview window. (notice the elipses dissapear????)
za.jpg

zb.jpg

I do not know why the elipse disapear. Maybe it disapear only in preview. Try to SAVE AS .dwg and see, in Autocad (I supose) if the elipse is there.

Any way, try that:
Open a drawing (.slddrw) and draw your sketch there. SAVE AS .dwg . I think that yor problem will be solved (hope).

Do not work twice : Select your sketch, copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) in the .slddrw .

Hope this is a help for you.
Good luck !

Mihail said:
I do not know why the elipse disapear. Maybe it disapear only in preview. Try to SAVE AS .dwg and see, in Autocad (I supose) if the elipse is there.

Any way, try that:
Open a drawing (.slddrw) and draw your sketch there. SAVE AS .dwg . I think that yor problem will be solved (hope).

Do not work twice : Select your sketch, copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) in the .slddrw .

Hope this is a help for you.
Good luck !

Mihail,
Wonderfully simple and elegant SOLUTION! It worked like a charm, I knew there was a verysimple workaround and you figured it out. Really appreciate the help,love these forums as well such an intense resource for a beginner like me!

-Ben

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back