Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sketching on a Plane

xiaoen311

I'm reading a book called "Solidworks 2010 Tutorial" There is an exercise (Page 1-71, Exercise 1.7: Simple Block Part) says:<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">"Create the sketch symmetric about the front plane. The front plane in this problem is not your sketch plane. Utilize the blind end condition in direction 1."
<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">How can I sketch on the front plane when it says it's not my sketch plane?<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Can anyone give me a little help with this problem?<br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Thanks

RIGHT plane or TOP plane can be the plane for your sketch, isn't it ? The sketch must be SYMMETRIC about the front plane, NOT ON the front plane.

Good luck !

you must use another plane for your sketch (right or top), and inside the sketch use the front plane as reference of your simmetry.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back