Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sketcher references warning

petesprada

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a config setting to turn off the "missing references" warning in sketcher - i.e. "You haven't specified enough references to place the section. Sketch anyway?".

It would be nice if this warning didn't come up right at the start of creating a sketch, rather at the end when youclick to finish the sketch. Sometimes you intentionally don't select enough refs because you're going to use edges instead.

cheers, Pete

they eliminated that issue in WF3.0 or 4.0 (can't recall which one and I'm still on 2.0 at work) but I don't think you can bypass it.

Michael

Annoying. Because if you need a sketch and 'USE EDGE' then you don't require first setting up sketcher references...

Anyone? I bet there is a config.pro setting. There should be an expert config.pro option that turns off all the crap like that.

design-engine said:
There should be an expert config.pro option that turns off all the crap like that.

there shouldn't even be a config.pro file. there should be a setup screen within the parent program like every other piece of software has incorporated since windows was developed so that all of the options that control the software are resident from inside that program. none of this config.pro, config.win, config.dtl crap to wade through every time you are looking for a particular setting. a simple tabbed window with all of the options controlled by radio buttons or pull downs would certainly bring WF into the early 2000's instead of the early 90's like it currently is!

but I digress, this should really be in the rant section.

Maybe ...
http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=214059
... will help with the original question.

Re bringing WF into the early 2000's; I quite like Pro/E's configurability ergo
having a config.pro. Consider that a basic set of configuration options can be
placed in config.sup or a loadpoint\text\config.pro. Additional user specific
options can be placed in login directory\config.pro and project specific
options in startup directory\config.pro. I just don't see where having a
'modern' GUI interface adds anything to current text, for the most part, based
configuration files. In fact, to achieve the same degree of flexibility it
would likely become a nightmare. And I hope PTC never adopts a keep everything
in the Windoze Registry config philosophy. Different strokes ...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back