Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

simulate rotational molding

dhrupad

Hi all...
have any body tried simulation of rotational molding ?
its like some particles in a box(mold)>>box in rotation>>>particles falling on to surfaces due to gravity & centrifugal forces...

Edited by: dhrupad

i think i forgot to thank in advance

any .....any idea wolud be helpful.

thanks
smiley2.gif

ok ..let me simplify a bit...
forget the "particles" word...
can i get to make a mechanism joint for A SINGLE particle..say.. a cube or a ball..which will let me see what hepens to it when the whole box rotates bi-axially..as in rotational molding...

i think i coplicated it rather than simlyfying !!

I don't think so. Solid works might be able to do this. I know 3ds max can. There's no option to have a one parts interference cause another part to move.

first thank you very much pmack009 for the help...

secondly...lots of laugh
smiley17.gif

SRINIVASANIYER1 logically solved my problem..rather he cleared what my boss needs...

now..i know this is not analysis forum..but can 3ds max do below thing...

if 3ds max can animate falling particles on/around the closed box when box rotates bi-axially...can it make particles attach to the inner surface as if they are sticky...?

thank you both ...
smiley2.gif

It's one thing to say you can do something and another to do it.

You would need to define a curve profile for the particles/sugar cube's and you would need to do it for each particles. To do so would require knowing the path before starting. So if you change the profile of the box or particle you need to start all over.

it's true you need to specify gravity, and do it in dynamics. dynamics is need for a slot connection.

if some can do this without a slot connection please post .

Hi pmack009 ...
thank you for your idea..
Are you suggesting a cross sectioned (of box) datum curve which will be a guide for the cube/particle under gravity?
&
Is this idea for proe or 3ds max?
i ask this because i think it can be done in proe too.
i will do what you said & let you know the result..

smiley2.gif

thank you all...

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back