Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simplified Reps/Model Tree Columns

jelston

I've posted this topic before, received an answer, and used the info. Now, for some reason i am not able to do the same thing. How is it possible to include/exclude components to a simplified reps using the model tree? I have all the columns in the model tree, but the drop down is "browned out".

Are you using Current Rep as the column or do you have all your reps as columns? The only way I've seen the drop down "browned out" is if you are using Current Rep and the Master Rep is active.

Ok. I see the current rep column. It is being shown but the current rep is not the master rep. However, i am seeing Def: Master Rep directly under each Simp Rep.
Edited by: jelston

The only other thing I can find that would be causing the problem you are seeing is selecting part features in the model tree instead of the part.

Usually, you should be able to select the part under the simplified rep you want to exclude it from and select exclude from the drop down. The screen will update if you have the rep active. Why it's not working for you I can't say. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to reproduce the issue except for the two cases I mentioned before.

Can u see across from the top level assembly; it reads "Master Rep: xxxxx". Could this possibly have something to do with it?

jelston said:
Can u see across from the top level assembly; it reads "Master Rep: xxxxx". Could this possibly have something to do with it?

I guess it could although I don't see "Master Rep: xxxxx".

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back