Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Simplified Reps in Drawing

sallyhoo84

Hi,

I'm trying to display a simplified rep in a drawing. When I'm in the drawing, I right-click on the view, select properties, go to the view states category, and see the section for choosing simplified reps. However, the pulldown bar is greyed out.

I've also tried going to the drawing properties itself and adding a rep directly from the menu manager, but that option is also greyed out. Double-checking the actual model, I definitely have the rep created. Is there some config.pro option that could possibly be disallowing me from using simplified reps in drawings, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Sally

I am using WF 5. Some of my drawings have properties like this with the greyed out rep, other drawings allow me to change the rep on the fly.

it looks like I cannot post the image I wanted. I borrowed it from the thread titled "Simplified Representation in Drawing".

http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42 275&PN=536&get=last

I looked at the links referenced in the above post and one of them suggested a config option. Changing the option does not help. I am guessing that it is a setting in the drawing options file, but I did not find it by looking through.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Scott

Edited by: scolil

The Simplified Representation settings accessed by selecting the view,then RMB>Properties, and View Statesare usedon assembly drawings not part drawings. Youset part representations usingDrawing Models on the layout tab or from File>Drawing Models or File>Properties>Drawing Models.
Edited by: kdem

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back