Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

SILLY QUESTION

could u tell me why u want to delete multiple constraints in one step??

if u feel the question is silly, dont ask;
If u want to ask any question, dont feel it's silly one..
smiley1.gif

Thanks all .. for your answers and comments.

for sachin : Yeah, u r right. I should not call my question as silly coz it will reduce a day work if i know how to do this in a single shot.

My idea is more people will look into my question if i give the subject as "SILLY QUESTION" instead of describing it. So ultimately i will get my answers fast.

& y i want to know is, i want to restructure the whole assembly. so i need to get rid of all the old constraints.

for restructuring u will delete all constrains then recreate constrains..right?

my suggestion is first recreate constrains to the logical sequence of references and keep restructuring simultaneously one by one components in tree till u reach last component..

deleting all constrains once & reapplying is somewhat more time consuming

No, Restructuring means in this case its extremely the other way around.

Which means.. i need to move almost all the parts in the model tree manually first (drag and move around). I cant do this with my old constraints. So i tried to remove all the constraint in a single step instead of edit definition again and again (for more than 50 parts)

Once i placed all the parts in the correct order.. then i will re constraint again.

yah..I understood
But as u can not delete all constraints for multiple parts in single step...the way I mentioned is better

Saravana,

I did very fast, but it may help you. Insert the mapkey in your config.pro, select one component at each time on the model tree and then run the mapkey - it will erase your first constrains set. If you have just one set of constrains for each part, it will work.

mapkey rc @MAPKEY_LABELremove constrains;\
mapkey(continued) ~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` `node5`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`1 `PHTLeft.AssyTree`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Redefine`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `chkbn.ScrLayout.0`1 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0`1 `PH.PIM_chk.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.DELETE_PB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.PIM_chk.l0`1 ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0`1 `PH.PIM_chk.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.INST_RMB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.DELETE_PB_.l0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.L.S.l0.comp_ref_represent.l0.s0` `0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.L.S.l0.comp_ref_represent.l0.s0` ``;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.L.S.l0.assem_ref_represent.l0.s0` `0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trigger `ScrLayout.0.0` `PH.L.S.l0.assem_ref_represent.l0.s0` ``;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `dashInst0.stdbtn_1`;

Nope.. wat u r telling is very usual way of re-assembling things.. here i need to make it more speeedy.

For ex: C is constrained on B & B is constrained on A

so in model tree it should be some thing lik this

Assy x
A
B
C

Now if i want to contraint A on C means..

So if i change the model tree in such a way like

Assy x

C
B
A

I need to remove all the constraint in all the parts..

then i can able to move all the parts in the model tree manually

Then just constraining it..

i hope its simple..

Anyhow thanks for the discussions !!

THANKS A LOT dksaraiva<br style="font-weight: normal;"><br style="font-weight: normal;">I WILL TRY THIS AND COME BACK TO U !!!!!

If the purpose is to re-structure the whole assembly
"CORRECTLY", you may proceed as you are doing now.
However, if the restructuring is to "Simulate" the
Assembly Process, I would recommend Simplified Rep or an
Assembly Process Plan (you need AAX licence).
In which case you need not re-structure the already made
assembly.

Thanks for the info Srini.

I need to re-assemble things in a reverse manner & nothing related to "simulate" the Assembly Process ( what is that? i never heard this before!!!)

Anyhow i just finished my job.
smiley17.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back