Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sheetmetal Welding

CHIVERS

How do you create a weld on a sheetmetal part only. Pro-engineer seems to only allow welding on assemblies. Some sheetmetal parts require corners welding up after folding.

View attachment 536

I'm still using 2001 has this been addressed in Wildfire.

Cheers

Chivers,

Can you send me some stuff that you have on Pro-E Welding and let me know your thoughts about whether it served as a useful tool for you. Kind of let me know some kinds of pros and cons that you faced.

Thanks

Pawan

Hello guys,

Israr, please, can you explain us something about EFX and PDX I never heard anything about them!

Thanks a lot!
smiley32.gif

Ferran

EFX is Expert Frame Work Extension, a module for Pro/Engineer ideal for structures made of prismatic members.

PDX is Progressive Die Extension, another module of Pro/Engineer ideal for sheetmetals, dies.

Israr

Israr,

How can EFX and PDX help us with putting weld symbols on Models. I deal with complex assemblies and we need to show weld symbols in PRo-E assemblies and sometimes we need to show in parts as Chiver pointed out with his first message. So can you explain a little more about how these interfaces operate with PRo-E.

Thanks

Pawan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back