Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Servo Motor

rework

Hi All --- I have a quandary --- I am balancing an engine. I have the entire engine setting on a post (ground) with a 6DOF connection at engine centerline. I am rotating the engine with a servomotor. I have a torsional imbalance that I am interested in. When I look at the "Net Load" on the servomotor, and compare it to the corresponding moment at the 6DOF connection, the 6DOF number is 6 times larger than the servo net load. I expected them to be the same. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks --- rework

Can you share an image or two of your system and how/where it's being driven and where the 6DOF is located (maybe it's driven at one of the rotational DOF of the 6DOF)?
Edited by: Kaz Z06

Thanks Kaz --- My engine is proprietary right now, so unfortunately, I can't share the file. How can I tell where/how the servo motor is grounded? I assumed it to be between the rotating shaft and ground,

Rework

Myquestionis meant to go afterthe relationship between the 6DOF and the servo that is driving the engine - if they are in different locations, you will get a different answer. Can you provide a hand sketch of a stick figure layout of what is happening? Are you trying to balance the engine's rotating main shaft or the entire engine block itself? Is the 6DOF part of the engine crankshaft or part of what is supporting the engine block? When you say "rotating the engine with a servo", does this mean the engine's crankshaft or are you rotating the engine assembly to represent its motion within a larger system? Without more detail I'm not sure how to direct your goal.

Regards,

Kaz

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back