Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Sensor feedback to servo motor

schlipf

I would like to use a measure of an angle (which changes during animation due to the mechanism motion) to be an input to another servo motor in the same animation. Can this be done?

I am trying to model a system which includes an angle sensor on a linkage. The linkage is moved by a motor that is controled by information from the angle sensor.

Any help is much appreciated.

What version of ProE you have?

THe old motion engine was able to do this very easily by using computed
measures. Computed measures are available in WF 2.0 but I have
not try this new functionality in MECHANISM I will get back to you and
let you know if it works tomorrow.

Luis

The new functionality is called "User Define Measure". However, this new measure can only be used with Force Motors, forces, springs, dampers and compounded measures in other words used with the Dynamics module of mechanism. In a way I guess it makes sense since in a servo mechanicalsystem the feedback from position, velocity, acceleration is converted back to a force that changes the system dynamics. If you just want to mimic the servo properties you could always create several servo motors that turn on and off at different times and follow some type of control law.

Luis

ok, thanks, I was hoping there was some way to do it w/o buying dynamics...just using one time steps output to be the input for the next...I guess Ill have to make do with what Ive got till I get Mech Dyn...trying to figure out the servo profiles would be to complicated

thanks again Luis

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back