Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

search path

krow72

In config.pro you can add search paths. Is there a paramer that can be used to look in the current working directory for the search.pro file? We do not have windchill or any 3rd party software and not going to (at least any time soon) get anything. I do not want to make thousands of search paths in my config.pro file. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Krow72

The first thing we do after launching Pro/E is change to the working directory. The second thing we do is load the config.pro in that directory. I made a mapkey & icon to do it & placed the icon right between the change working directory and file open icons. The working directory has any extra search paths & special settings for that project (units, templates, etc.). Just a little discipline, works fine.

Don't use massive search path lists, it slows down opening objects if Pro/E has to look through 50 folders before it finds the parts.

what settings do you use in your config. I have a search.pro file in my dir that has where I want to search but when I did what you said it does not read my search.pro file.

Krow72

I don't bother with a search.pro, that just adds another layer of complexity. I put the search_path statements directly in the config.pro. However, I believe you could put

search_path_file .\search.pro

in the config.pro to make it read the search.pro file in the current working directory.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back