Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Schubert's theory of foul language!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kschubert

Forgive my rant :)

I've been using Pro/E for over 8 years now and when I walked into a colleagues office yesterday he said you bastard now normally I would be insulted but I saw that he had pro/e running and I realized, I've uttered similar and far worse phrases while in a pro/e session (or just been dumped out of a session).

I now put forth the theory, henceforth called Schubert's theory of foul language. The theory that I have been working on proving is that Pro/E uses causes Tourette's syndrome. I see it in my office on an almost daily basis.

You've now been warned, continue to use this tool in moderation or make sure your neighbors are thick skinned

Yes, you may have stumbled upon something there. If we had a swear jar here, it would now be overflowing into the parking lot. I remember a co-worker saying during a training class This Pro/E really sucks, but it sure does make the beer taste good!

Excellent work, time well spent.

I prefer to raise both middle fingers. I then shake my fists, all the while telling Pro/E I'm winning.

I've also noticed that Microsoft word seems to cause Tourette's syndrome, particularly after microsoft suddenly changes your layout or that damn paper clip pops up and winks

:)

I would like to take that paper clip and bend him around until his head was up his ass! Then maybe he could suggest some stupid way for me to pull his head out.

This has been going on way before any of the CAD programs has been in the picture.

I have been witness to board drafter/designers having this Tourette's syndrome way back in the 'ol days.

I can remember a story a colleague told me once.

In his former company they had several engineers working on ProE in the early days, which lead frequently to bad words. The rule was to do that whispering. So when approaching someone and listening carefulley, you could hear a constrant stream of ranting and raving...!

Huug

Too funny... I've been using pro for 6 years, and have now simply put a You suck sticker on my monitor as a constant reminder to think it not say it! Ah what uses we have for the good ole Brother P-touch labeler!!!

i've copied the splash file that says warning! you have started pro/engineer. prepare for random crashes. regards ptc so that i cannot blame anyone.. cos' i've been 'warned' about it..

I cuss my software and/or machine. too, but it's getting less and less because I feel I'm learning more day by day.

We need a Wildfire splash screen, all the splash screens here are 2001 and earlier.

Steve C

Mr. gggggggggg...... now that's an VERY stupid name that you got!! I wonder where you sneaked that from? Don't tell me some Martian suggested it to you as a christmas present!!

With all respect...Rishidass, gggggggggg:

We are all professionals here lets try to keep it cool. This is the Rant and Rave forum so I find the subject matter of this thread quite suitable for a Pro/E Rant and Rave but please lets not start a flame war. This is an entertaining thread don

Check this link:

http://www.pro-classifieds.com/portal/forum/msgDetail.asp?msg_id=117&for_id=30

2. Remember, we're professionals.

4. No flaming, period. Suggestions, differences of opinion, and humor are always welcome and appreciated, but flaming should not be tolerated.

flame

1. n. A hostile, often unprovoked, message directed at a participant of an internet discussion forum. The content of the message typically disparages the intelligence, sanity, behavior, knowledge, character, or ancestry of the recipient. 2. v. The act of sending a hostile message on the internet. 3. adj. Having the character of a flame, as in, flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back