Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

scale feature to be use in equation

Axolotl

Hi guys,

I am working on a project where in there are existing design of Industrial Pump parts. The idea is to make variation of the existing design by simply modifying two nomenclatures namely the reference diameter RD (could be inner, outer, bolt circle, etc) and the overall length OL. It could easily be done by making the model parametric using equation and design table. I have managed to make variation on simpler parts such as pump support, stuffing box, bearing box, etc. I only made equations relating each diameter dimensions and vertical dimensions (heights, thicknesses, etc) (by ratio) to the RD and each horizontal dimensions (lengths, thicknesses) to the OL. I then made a design table (with sheet2) so that the value of RD and OL could be inputted. The problem started when I came across a Pump casing. The casing has several stationary vanes. These vanes were generated by 3D points and curves and were modeled by surfacing. I made all the dimensions of the casing parametric except for the vanes. My idea is to use the scale feature (non uniform scaling) on the vanes to translate any changes in RD and OL in the vanes. That is X, Y scales for RD and Z scale for OL. The problem is I cannot or I do not know how to input the scale feature parameters in equations and/or design tables. The scale feature parameters cannot be shown in the first place.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back