Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Scale and Rotate Sketch

mark c

I'm trying to create a sketch of a recycle logo 1.00 tall so I can just save it in a library for future jobs. It is 1.00 tall, so when I import it, I can just apply my target size to the "Scale and Rotate" dialog that pops up. I find the imported sketch to be highly unstable and have to end up making adjustments and the time for this is completly un-acceptable.Does anybody have a better way. Using this method in Unigraphics took less than 1 minute to accomplish.

Please show me that my criticism for Pro-E is unfounded.

Make sure you reference and dimension your sketch to other entities in the sketch and not sketch references, because those sketch references will not exist in the new sketch you are placing the recycle logo in.

dont bring it in as a sketch. Bring it in instead as an iges file. Pro/ENGINEER wants to regenerate and add dimensions to everything.

I can list out techniques for moving it relative to a specific coordinate system if you like?

Edited by: design-engine

Design Engine,

Thank you for your reply. Sounds like a good idea. Can one easily scale, rotate, and move, the what will be, the newly imported iges data? I mean, once it is imported.

If you make the sketch so the dimensions reference a set of center lines, and not he vertical and horizontal dtm planes, and then dimension the center lines to the datum planes , you will be able to get what you want.

Sip

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back