Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

save BOM-table to tab-separated txt-file

edbo

Hello,

I have a drawing with an assembly and BOM-table. I can save the BOM-table to a txt-file but the data isspace-separated. I use the txt-file to import theBOM-data into another program.

The problem is that I'm restricted beacause of the spaces. The import programcannot see wheree.g. the description ends.Using tabs is much saver and easier, so can anybody tell me which option or function I can use to export the BOM-table to a tab-separated file?

Thanks

One option is to create your BOM table with a nearly-zero-width column between every existing column. Place a vertical pipe symbol '|' in these columns. Make these columns very narrow and/or set the text size very small. Then your text file can be read using the '|' symbols as the delimiter.

there are other ways to skin this cat...

I use excel to load BOM txt files. Excel allows to easily add or remove unwanted columns. It works great, try it.

pro_javi said:
I use excel to load BOM txt files. Excel allows to easily add or remove unwanted columns. It works great, try it.

I know it, but we use a small program to modify the bom-table, so we can insert it into our aftersales-program. So, to add an extra step isn't a solution.

For now, we will stay with the old method.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back