Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Save as & TIFF resolution

ARC1

Does
anyone know how to change the resolution of the tiff file when you are
saving a drawing under save as TIFF. I tried to check the config but it
is not in there nor under the drawing option.

Thanks

ARC1

If you print to tiff you get a much better resolution. A A4 file is about 30-50 MB. After you open the tiff file in a pictureeditor an shange it to 2 color, crop and resize to the size you want. We do use this for all our pictures for spare parts lists and manuals.

Heres a little tipI like to use CGMs, they work really well in most MS applications and such. They are much smaller files and the drawing lines tend to come out much better, even when rescaled in the application. THe best way to make a drawing cgm is change the scheme to black on white and than save it out. In order to use the cgm you need to make sure that you have the filter installed for graphics file in the office setup, and its under filters I believe. It does not get installed by default typical install.

Print-Commands and Settings-Add Printer Type-select TIFF-select To file-Browse target Folder-ok

In Tolls-Options(config.pro) find options -tiff_compression and select g4 option

I hope that helps,

Regards

Set these two config.pro options.

TIFF_TYPE to MONO

TIFF_COMPRESSION to G4.

This will create a tiff file with a size of 10-20 kb when your print to a tiff file.

<DIV>All of the above options are important, but do not control resolution.</DIV>
<DIV>The config option is raster_plot_dpi, and can have a value of 100, 200, 300, or 400. The default is 100.</DIV>

Sorry, I missed it was a drawing and you were using "Save As". We print to "Generic Postscript"and check to a file. We can then import into Ghostscript and output in many different formats. Does a screen grabbing utility work?
Edited by: donha

Thanks everybody,

I have tried the config set-up and it works, but I found if you do not want or cannot change your settings,a print screen and then paste it to the paint editor and cropped it will do quite nicely.

thanks

smiley4.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back