Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ROUNDS TRANSITIONS

2005-06-24_103515_tank_tmp_WF2.prt.zip

... is how I'd go about it. It amounts to copying the relevant surfaces (after deleting Round29 & 30), extending, filleting, merging and solidifying. Note layer solid_goemetry which allows hiding the solid body while you work the surfaces.

(This is an interesting fillet problem and I intend to play with is a bit more when I have some time to see if there's a way to solve the R75 (after deleteing Round29) using transition options.)

Hi everybody

I enjoy a lot comming in this forum where I find a lot ofskill users andbrillant tips.

Concerning that situation I tried instead of going into complicated maneuvers to make the rad before chamfering. Remove the chamfer, make the 75 rad and make chamfer. It worked correctly becaude the rad does not extend beyond the part in thise case. In other case I would probably gone in the direction of jeff4136.or would probably try to manage with transitions.

It works

By manipulating the trtansitions it works fine.

Start rounding, remove(delete) 2 existing transitions(you must be in transition mode on the dashboard), replaceboth by one new transition by picking/selecting both edgeswithCTRL+click.

Rounding is a very tricky aspect of modeling whatever the software.

Hi everybody

When i have deleted transitions how can i made a new one?

Iselect the two edge with crtl end ....

Absolutly james.lynch

That is the easiest way.

But it does not work when come time for larger radius for ex. R80, I experimented andcame to conclusion that redefining transition was the solution.

Thanks

Minrob, after selecting the edges RMB, Make Transition. You can also RMB again and investigate the different types of transitions that may be available (will depend on existing geometry). You can also do it all via the "slide up" and list boxes on the dash panel.

James, you can indeed just re-order features (in this particular situation) but you'd want to replace the chamfer with a revolved cut to preserve what I imagine to be the intent. The chamfer following the R75 no longer represents a conic face.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back