Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Roller Gear Drive

This being a Globoidal CAM indexer, the velocity and start-stop acceleration-deceleration is also important. You need to define a Datum curve by equation (could be sine acceleration).

You can also try the mechanism Synthesis route, with a trace curve function. It works for Plate cams. Havent tried for Globoidal cams.

hmm the above will only work if the cam cylinder is cylindrical
if its got that radius to match the driven wheel an alternate method would be needed

Dear Sanjeev,

Evalgraph will work to get a cut. The hitch here is the definition of the graph itself. As said earlier, the definition of the curve is extremely important and will decide the following...

Velocity (rate of change of displacement)

acceleration (rate of change of velocity)

Jerk (Rate of change of Acceleration).

Normally Cams are designed for Sine acceleration so as to get a fininte Jerk during Raise and fall. Some prefer SCCA (Sine constant Cosine Acceleration) or even polynomial curves with precision points defined.

So much for CAM design.... Now to Pablo..

----------------------------
Dear Pablo,
The following isan extract fromMechanism help files of Proe on trace curves. Unfortunately I am preoccupied else would have loved to solve this problem. I shall be delighted to hear your sucess.
----------------------------------
About Trace Curves<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Use the Trace Curve command to:

Dear Pablo,
I am kamalakannan doing M.E, for my project i need design consideration of globoidal cam, i kindly request you to send design consideration through my mail ID([email protected]),if you any detail please mail me.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back