Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

retrieved sub-assemblies

adriansima

Hello,I have a problem regarding the retrieved sub-assemblies into another directory. The environment: Pro/E 2001, no Intralink, different products stored on server in separate folders, the parameter search_path points to a folder containing standardized parts (screws, washers a.s.o). I wanted to modify a sub-assembly (many changes) andI havestarted a new assembly using some parts and sub-assemblies from the older one. All the new work resides in a new folder but when I have retrieved some assemblies from the older directory to assemble them in the new work all was ok. The parameter override_store_back is set to yes. When I tried to open the new work proe asks me to find the components retrieved from the older directory. Why? Does the parameter override_store_back works only for parts (for the partsI have no problem). I don't want to add a new search path in my config pointing to the older directory nor to copy all the parts of the retrieved assemblies to the new folder.

Thank you for any idea,

Adrian

OVERRIDE_STORE_BACK works for all Pro/E objects: parts, assemblies & drawings. However, you have to save each & every object as saving an assembly will not save the components if they are not modified (there are other config settings affecting saving unchanged objects). The easiest way to force saving the full hierarchy is to use File/Backup which will save everything referenced by the object you are saving into the backup directory. You will then have to manually delete the standardized objects from the backup directory. There is no way to get Pro/E to read your mind & only save the things you want to save.

dr gallup to the resecue- man you are good!!!!
smiley32.gif

Hello

I haven't in my mind ProE to read my intentions but I was surprised my setting do not work for all type of entities. Thank you.

Adrian

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back