Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Reposting of Previous Question About Copying Parts

nkpham

Hi all,

I am still running into the same problem with my Feature>Copy function. I am modelling a bridge that has different cross-sections that I need to reuse every so often. To do this, I've been using the copy feature that I mentioned to copy the part and paste it onto a different section of my 3D curve. Half of the time, this works fine. The other half of the time, it will not paste or will paste my section in the wrong orientation. Has anyone else tried this and knows how I could fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a pic to show you all what I mean...

View attachment 6

I don't know if in your saved section u use one coordinate system, if not, then thr to use this element.

evrything (dimensions) in section could be related at this coord sys.

Is this all one part or is it an assembly of different parts?

Pro E 2001 Student Version. Should have the same capabilities as the professional version though.

Have you considered making separate parts and placing them in an assembly?

A point doesn't have any direction associated with it. I'm not sure how you are specifying your other references. Here are some suggestions:

-- Try using a coordinate system instead of points.

-- Try to establish a common reference plane.

-- During the Copy > Feature creation, try flipping your direction arrows if you are presented with any.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back