Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

reposition component with pro/program

megaladon

i havea handle that can be in 5 different positions. i am using a coordinate system to assemble it but would like to have pro/program to prompt me asking me which position i want. can this be included in the layout later? i cannot for the life of me find any informationon this topic.

ideas?

An (in my opinion) ugly but easy way would be to create 5 coordinate systems and assemble 5 handles, supressing and resuming each position via input.

I haven't tried this, but a thought would be to locate the coordinate system on datum axis and have the axis driven by the input.

Rodney Decker

WF3 M140

I have dont quite a bit with pro/program. You can use it to prompt you for the position, but why would you want to put them into a layout. I hate layouts they suck
smiley7.gif

Omar

i made the 5 coordinate systems already and made 5 constraint sets thinking there was a unique ID for each and could be done that way, but it doesn't appear to be of use. also the coordinte systems have been created by transform, so they have absolutely no common planes or axis about them.

i have seen it done assembling 5 handles and suppressing/resuming them but was hoping there was something better.

the layout is for our engineers that don't know pro/engineer that well so they can easily manipulate the assembly.

it's kind of like writing a book called "edit definition for dummies" :)

You dont have to have common planes or axis.

Here is my sugg. Have 1 Master CSYS. The create another csys (CSYS_INPUT) and referece it to the master csys. Find out all what x y z offset and rotatation dimension you must enter into CSYS_INPUT in order to make it come out to the position you want. Do this for all of the csys. Sorry rename the dimensions to something you will rememeber. Then ask the user what config he wants. then have some relations change the values of your dim when a particular config. is entered

try that

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back