Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Repeat Region filter help

Graham2010

Hi Everybody i have a question regrding the repeat region let us say i have an assemblycalled A and it contains parts B,C,and a Subassembly D i have set up a repeat region to Give me Description Quantity and No reqd i have set the filter to parts only as this was the initial request.

My question nowis howdo i show Parts B,C and subassembly D in theBOMwith out showing the parent assembly A i have tried and failed to get this to work any help would be greatly appreciated i would like to use a rule to achieve this to avoid manual filtering of the repeat region.

Thanks in advance for any input
Edited by: Graham2010

You can set the components (subassemblies) in the repeat region to Recursive to show parts inside the subassembly and then using Filter by Comp filter out subassemblies.

You could set a rule, but then you would need to set parameters that would define if component will be shown in repeat region or not. That would also be manual work, which could also lead to mistakes made by incorrect setting of the parameters.
Edited by: skraba

Graham2010 said:
i would like to use a rule to achieve this to avoid manual filtering of the repeat region.

Thanks in advance for any input

What sort of "rule" would you write that does not require a manual input? Are you thinking of saying "if <item_to_be_included_in_repeat_region> == top-level-assembly then don't_show_it" this cannot be done.

However you can create a rule to disallow anything with a specific parameter value, or a specific string in the name, etc. That would be rule-based... but require manual inputs to make it work.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back