Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Repeat Region BOM Shows Assembly as Part.

Cheese302

Good Morning,

as the title says, i am fighting through creating a BOM on a drawing using a repeat region. I have finally gotten the parts to list, but the assembly pops up as a part. not sure how to get rid of it, thoughts?

thanks in advance

Good Morning,

as the title says, i am fighting through creating a BOM on a drawing using a repeat region. I have finally gotten the parts to list, but the assembly pops up as a part. not sure how to get rid of it, thoughts?

thanks in advance

Sorry guys, this is a repeat post. i was having trouble finding the original last night/this morning after creating the new profile.

please delete/lock, thanks!!

under the table tab > data section find repeat region and select
in the pop up menu, select filters, then select the bom table repeat region
under the new pop up, select by item then exclude then select the line item on the bom you wish to exclude
select ok >done and the line should disappear from the bom repeat region

Using "Filters, By Item, Exclude" in Repeat Regions is the way to go. However, if you are trying to expand the assembly in question to show each component in that assembly in the BOM table, then you need to pick from the Repeat Region, "Flat/Rec Item, pick the table and select, Recursive" for that assembly component in the table. After you've expanded the table, now you can go back and use filters, exclude etc... to get rid of the assembly line listed in the table, but leaving all the child components showing.

Bob

click>repeat region>attributes> select the table > FLAT> done.

This will remove the assembly from BOM table.

Save this table as a table file and retrieve this table for the assembly drawing. so that it will come with this setting.

I hope you understood.
regards,
Murugadoss.K

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back