Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Rendering mesh in Solidworks 2010

jwhitehead

Hi - I am using the plastic->mesh->circular mesh plastic texture from the standard photoworks palate on a surface which is curved in one direction. I cannot for the life of me figure out why Solidworks shows vertical stripes on this texture when it is rendered.

The hole size is small and the density is quite high.

I have tried all the different settings I can find, changed lighting, changed detail level, turned on and off caustics, tried increasing the ray-tracing but notihing seems to help.

I want to avoid actually drawing the mesh holes as obviously this will result in an unnecessarily large model, although this does render correctly

Does anyone have any clues as to how to get this to render correctly? I can post a picture of what it's doing if someone can tell me how to do it on here...

thanks!

John.

It seems like some holes seem bigger than there are supposed to be. Could it be that the cylindrical face of the apparently smaller holes are in shadow? I am not familiar with rendering in Solidworks.. but can it be an illumination setting? When i did artsy stuff in Maya I used to get patterns on the object when the illumination settings were not set right. Just a guess though.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back