Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

rename an existing assembly

zahid_shanamo

hi, to everyone in this forum.

i am mohd zahid. please guide me as how to rename an existing assembly alongwith assembly parts. without going into ressolve mode.

If i take the backup of an assembly to another location and rename it .it fails

please guide me

thanks & regards

mohd zahid

If you want to make a copy of an assembly to another folder, use the Save As command. Open the assembly to copy and then select file -> save as. Pro|E will ask you for a name and location and once you set that, a dialog will appear asking whether you want to re-use the components or create new ones with new names.

As far as renaming, you should do you renaming within Pro|E with the file -> rename command. Renaming on disk with Windows will mess things up. If you open an assy, you can use the rename command to rename each part within it. Once you are done, make sure you save the assembly. If any of the parts have drawings, you ened top have them open while you rename too and save tehm after.

Pro|E parts, drawings and assemblies are all inter-related and Pro|E finds them by the file name. If you rename them outside of Pro|E, it's like your spouse renaming your child while you aren't home. When you get home and call them to dinner, they don't respond because you're calling the wrong name.
smiley36.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back