Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Removing Not Needed Family Table Columns

Horwarth19

I have a family table that has different features that are needed on some, but not on
others. Is there a way to remove these features from the table on the drawing while
keeping them in the table in the model? The columns I am talking about are the last
ones on the right. Thanks for the help.
View attachment 5071

Add a filter to the region &fam.inst.param.name == A,B,C,D,etc.. You could also add the filter &fam.inst.param.name != Hole_1,Hole_2,Hole_3,etc. but you need to rename the feature for it to be recognized.

This is a workaround but it will give you what you want. I don't think there is a way to do it with a filter. In the generic create a parameter for the values that can be set to zero, in your case I, J, and K, and add them to the family table. Setup IF, ELSE, ENDIF relations to control what value is displayed, either the numerical value or "----" if the value is zero. Filter your table so these parameters are in the table.

I tried to setup IF relations, but I wasn't able to get
them to work. What are the specific names that I need to
call out? I tried fam.inst.param.value, but it doesn't
accept that?

Not sure if you have them in the right place but therelations are in the generic part not the drawing. You create the parameters I, J, and K and your relations would have the form (the parameter names are from an example file I created):

IF D6 == 0.000
T6="----"
ELSE
T6=D6
ENDIF

This is the family table I get for my example:

View attachment 5075

Since T6 is equal to D6 with the formatting desired filter the table using &fam.inst.param.name != D6 gives:

View attachment 5076

kdem, that all makes sense, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. When I do the relations in
the generic part, I have:
d40=I
IF d40 == 0.000
I="----"
ELSE
I=d40
ENDIF

The filter that I add is "&fam.inst.param.name !=d40" yet, all the values are still set to 0.000.
What am I doing wrong?

The first line in your relation is causing a conflict. Remove the d40=I and see what happens.

I removed the first line, and I still get 0.000. Could it
be that I have the parameter set up as a real number
that's driving the model dimensions?
Edited by: Horwarth19

That could be it since I don't know the details of your model and what is driving what. From your picture from the first post I assume I, J, and Kare feature parameter names. If you want I, J, and K as your table headings change the feature parameter names to I1, J1, and K1 for example. The parameters I, J, and Kshouldn't drive anything, they are used for formatting onlywhich was the reason for removing the line d40=I. I1, J1, and K1 are the feature parameters that will drive the values for the parameters I, J, and K. Your relationswill be using the feature parameter names I gave:

IFI1 == 0.000
I="----"
ELSE
I=I1
ENDIF

Your form for the IF, ELSE, ENDIF statement is correct. For the drawing you may need to update or regenerate the drawing or update the table for the table to display correctly.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back