Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Removal of Solid line in Half sectionView

shunmugam

When Creating the Half sectional view, I couldn't remove the solid line at symmetrical part. How to remove that solid line?

shunmugam, why would you want to remove solid line in half section view. It is THE LINE that intersects the models in the section. So it has to be solid.

I have encountered the same problem: removing the solid line that is right in the middle of your half-section.

Why would I want to remover it? Because it hides the centre-line of my assembly.

I have tried the Views->Display Mode->Edge Display->Erase Line that Venkataramu suggested - it does not work...

dr_gallup,

I have tried what you suggested with no success at all.

Hint: I am working with a french version of Pro-E, would that be a reason for your instruction not working?

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

In WF2 youcan set (in the View Properties window) the simmetry line to something else than "Solid line", e.g. to "Symmetry line ISO". If that doesn't work, you could try combining that with the drawing option "line_standard" to "std_din".

With "Symmetry line ISO" the result is yellow half view line with CTRLFONT line style and with "Symmetry line ASME" you get the same line but with two white stripes at the end (simmetry symbol).
Edited by: skraba

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back