Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

RELEATE TEXT THATS NOT IN A TABLE TO A...

narok

i WANT TOI KNOW IF THERE IS SOME WAY TO RELEATE TEXT THAT IS NOT IN A TABLE TO A CERTAIN LINE OF TEXT IN A TABLE.

FOR EXAMPLE I AM PUTTING A REVISON BALLOON ON THE DRAWING AND I WANT TO RELEATE IT TO A CERTAIN LINE OF TEXT IN THE BOM. BECAUSE IF YOU ADD OR DELETE AN OBJECT OUT OF YOU MODEL THE LINES OF TEXT IN THE BOM TABLE WILL MOVE UP OR DOWN... THUS THE REVISION BALLON WILL NOT MOVE WITH IT. AND YOUR BALLLOON ENDS UP BESIDE THE WRONG LINE.

ANY HELP OR MAYBE A SUGGESTION OF A BETTER WAY OF DOING THIS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

ONE MORE NOTE I AM JUST USING THE "CREATE A BALLON NOTE" ICON TO MAKE THE BALLOONS FOR THE REVISIONS.

THANKS, JASON
Edited by: narok

OK , it's been a while since I had to do this but here goes from memory. Add a comment column to your table. Hide the vertical line so it looks like the next column is just a little bigger. enter text and use the symbol name to generate the symbol so something like @sym(ballon_sym) in the comment coolumn. This should now follow the line it is supposed too. Also add a parameter for bug notes and then if they change you only have to change it once and all those field of drawing notes will update.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back