Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

relations and dual units

shade008

I am having difficulty getting relations to process after a regeneration of the model occurs and after a new material is assigned.

My goal is to have both the imperial and metric weights displayed in columns next to the model tree (FYI, my default units measure weight in pounds). At the moment, I am accomplishing this task by having two columns: one for PRO_MP_MASS and one for my metric variable.

I have the following relation in the part:

TESTER1=PRO_MP_MASS*2

where TESTER1 is my metric variable and 2 is just a dummy constant to simulate a unit conversion. This relation is placed in both the Post Regeneration and the Initial sections.

If I change a physical dimension in the part file, the relation appears to be executed on regeneration. If I change my material assignment (via Edit --> Setup --> Materials), the PRO_MP_MASS value changes upon regeneration; however, TESTER1 values do not update upon regeneration. It seems that the relations are not executed unless a physical change is made to the model which excludes a change in material assignment. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this problem? Thank you for you time!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back