Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Quiz1: Speed of Darkness

deepak0132002

The other day when I observed 'plane and conveyor' problem I thought of asking some more interesting questions which seems to be similar kind.

Here is the question.

If I need to create darkness! What would be the speed of darkness?

Regards,
Deepak

some people have too much time on their hands....interesting question though. I'll agree with Shankar's answer.
smiley17.gif

The speed of darknessis directly related to the amount of time it takesyou towalk through the house, after returning home from work,and turn off every light which has apparently been left on all day....

in the night take make an experiment take a lighting bulb and black cat

go to the tenth floor, drop them both in the same time, then you can mesure the speed of darkness vs lightness

muadib3d said:
in the night take make an experiment take a lighting bulb and black cat

go to the tenth floor, drop them both in the same time, then you can mesure the speed of darkness vs lightness

Wow! That's really great.
What an imagination

Regards,
Deepak

yeah that was an old joke about how move a cat with a light speed => fix a lighting bulb with a cat tail, drop from 10th floor and you have a cat which moves with a light speed

so I changed this joke a little to achieve the speed of darkness - so in this place black cat plays a role of the darkness:)))

just joking:)))

Jacek,

I don't know about Poland but in the UK we have laws against dropping cats from high rise buildings.

Does sound like fun though!!!
smiley36.gif

another one is antigravitical vehicle or vehicle with antigravitical drive

so, first some dogmas:

first - the bread with a butter always drops on butter side
second - cat always drop on its four legs,

everything right till this moment?,

so you take a cat - there is no need to have a black one - and put a butter on cat`s back(spine),

so, taking the experience form bread example, butter side will turn cat to drop on back side, however cat always drop on its leg

these to forces will fights one against other and in the result the cat will be turning but in the same time, hang in the air

this is already pathented, if You are interested call me!

p.s polish laws forbides such use of cat that is way I can not sue it practicaly!

great analysis
smiley32.gif

But I have a doubt. The cat can fall side ways or can land on two feet and with two other horizontal. I think thats the derivation when two laws are applied together.
smiley4.gif

shankar

I think, that won't work.

The law of gravity will still apply to the buttered cat, because it works in the vertical direction, while butter and cat auto-spinning force act as a rotor, so the cat will be falling, but will be turning around it's longitudinal axis (tail-head). Butter law will force the cat to spin on her back, but cat law will force the cat to spin in the opposite direction (that of course depends on the direction of the butter and cat forces), i.e. forth and back, though it is also possible for the cat to constantly spin, when both forces have same direction.

But one must also consider the magnitude of forces to know in which direction the cat will spin.

I haven`t tested conditions different than mentioned, so I can only assume that with non 4 legs cat or butter in other area than back, the following effect(phenomenom) could have different performance.

However, this theory wasn`t fully filled, I missed one thing. The back side of cat should be fixed with bread with butter, not only butter on cat`s back.

The amount of butter has no impact - that comes from observation from falling bread with butter.

The size of cat - the same.

There is no darkness, only the relative absence of light.

There is no such thing as cold, only the relative absence of heat and energy.

When the light at the end of the tunnel was switched off (by Mrs Thatcher,) some people were quick to leave the office...that equatesto the approximate speed of darkness.

However some of us are still in the office, not having noticed.

OK, If you wrap this buttered up cat that is suspended and spinning about it's head/tail axis with copper wire, effectively turning it into a stator, and then place magnets around it you will generate some electricity.

Connect this electrical output to a motor and place the entire apparatus on a cart with the drive wheels connected to the electric motor

The speed with which the cart now travelsis the speed of darkness.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back