Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

quilt not closed: analysis to find small

jimhelberg

I have a quilt made up of imported and created surfaces. I am trying to make a solid. Everything appears to be closed(no visible yellow lines) but when I try to solidify it is says there is a gap. How do I find the gap? Is there anyhting in analysis? There used to be something before wildfire, but I can not find it.

I have been zooming in and out for over an hour trying to find the gap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Use an Offset Surface Feature
Select the Quilt you want to solidify and hit the Offset Icon to create an offset surface this will make it easy to show the gap because it will be enlarged. If you cant achieve a high offset value due to small Convex and Concave radii try Alternative method below.

View attachment 4118

Alternative Method
Use the Search Tool as follows

LOOK FOR: Edge
LOOK BY: Edge

[Attributes]
RULE: Type
COMPARISON: Is equal to
VALUE: One-Sided

Find Now

You'll see a list of all one sided edges and what feature they belong to in the search tool and you can find them by selecting them and looking for the problem geometry to highlight.

Michael
smiley20.gif

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back