Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Pulse PLM

dezzi1

Anyone here ever hear of Pulse PLM. Just wanted to check!! We've been using Intralink and have been experiencing a lot of problems - slow retrieval times being the worst. These guys claim to improve retrieval times by as much as 50%. I did call one of their customers and they did confirm that they were able to get retrieval speeds down from 20 minutes to 2 minutes with this software. But I'm not convinced!!! The customer did say that they were using the samehardware etc but this sounds a bit too good to be true. Anyone else have experience working with Pulse PLM. If not what are my other choices?

We installed PULSE & its the best thing ever. It is extremely easy to use NO funny menus or anything. Look on their website (www.pulsesystems.net), companies has changed from Intralink to Puse PLM because it is so easy to use & it speeds up retrieval time. An amazing program!!

Thanks for that Dawie. Were you using Intralink before going to Pulse? My assemblies are pretty large, about 4000 part files, so I'm not sure about its performance with these assemblies. What about family tables, simplified reps etc. Can Pulse handle these? One thing that impressed me was the simple demo they gave. Seemed to answer all the questions I wanted answered and the price is very competive. Are you using the workflow module? I'm also getting a demo of PDMLink but this is more expensive (a lot). My ProE reseller says that its important to buy PTC products but I haven't been impressed with Intralink. I'll see how PDMlink works.

We were not using Intralink but tried, for 5 weeks, to install Windchill. We then decided to dump it because of its complexity. Currently wehave the only installationin South-Africa (we flew them here) and it took oneweek to do the installation and import of all data. We do use the workflow module with no problems, its VERY easy. Ask them to do a real demo with your OWN data. Hickup's we had were resolved with a phone call. There is no interferance to any simplified rep or family table. Don't go by what your ProE seller say - decide what is easy and best to use! (Simplicity is always a plus - think about training)

I seePulse have a short ProE demo on their web site on the downloads page. I'm having a demo of PDMLink tomorrow - so I'll know better then.

Demo of PDMLink went fine - still think its a bit slow however. Even though the demo was set up locally the web pages still took some time to display. I believe it was an Oracle database. Does anyone know if PDMLink is available with a SQL database. ProE guys say they will need 2 months to install the software, import our data, train etc. It took you just 1 week Dawie!! Pulse is also very much cheaper than PDMLink and seems to do everything I want. I'm flying over to visit some of Pulse's customers next week - so I'll hear from the horses mouth.

Your other choice would be DesignDataManager from CSI.This is a proven data management system for Pro/Engineer , Solidworks, Inventor and IronCAD. Plus it has a drag and drop document management tool,and aWeb based browser.

Handles part and assembly family tables with ease, supports Simplifed Reps.

Runs on a MSDE or full MSQL database.One day to install and configure!!!Sounds to good to be true? Try it for yourself!

Cost effective, and easy to use. Don't overlook DesignDataManager because its not a PTC product. Low maintenance and low cost, thats whatI like.

Check out: www.designdatamanager.com for more info.

Download the 45 day trial version, its free. You have nothing to lose.

Had a look atDesign Managerbut the interface was poor. Didn't like it at all. Both Pulse and PDMLink have modern interfaces. Design Manager didn't have the workflow capability that I wanted where Pulse and PDMLink both did.

dezzi1 - web pages taking time to display is always going to frusrtrate you. It did to us, slows down everything. A system on a network is ten times better & safer.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back