Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ptc taking over the ptcuser.org

design-engine

there is a long thread on the exploder that i don't monitor since ptc told me to quit posting on there since i piss off the vars... well there is only one var that gets mad. it's so easy to get on their nerves because they are lame.... anyways.

what does it mean that ptc is taking over the ptcuser organization? who still runs the local organizations? looks like many of the local user groups have gone away.

and what is the exploder thread talking about.I have not paid attention.

Edited by: design-engine

It was about PTC taking over the logistics of the conference, not the organization. PTC?User is still supposed to be an independent voice and still will be running the conference from choosing presentations etc.

The thread (which I may have started
smiley36.gif
) talked about how the conference feels more like a PTC marketing thing and that the themes seem to push the average user presentations to the background, focusing on bigger business ideas of 'green' and such. There's not an obvious software driven track (windchill track, arbortect track, Pro/E track, etc.) which tends to reinforce this idea that it's not so much for the users anymore.

I don't feel nearly as interested in going nor as interested in submitting an abstract this year as a result.

Both PTC & PTC?User folks chimed in to say that wasn't the case and thanks us for expressing our thoughts.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back