Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

PTC ProductVIEW help needed!!!!

IOR

script question!

I was wondering if it is possible to make a script in ProductView to take every individual part of an assembly and/or sub-assembly and export as separate IGES files. If someone could point me in the right direction of where i can find some tutorials on script writing in ProductView I would greatly appreciate it!

thanks in advance!

/IOR

thanks! one more question then, will all the sub-assemblies that are exported to iges keep their location in space relative to the main-assembly XYZ null point? so when i import each file one at the time, they will fit perfectly to form the main-assenbly once they have each been optimized.

/IOR

Does Pro/Batch really work in ProductView? I've only used it in Pro/E.

If Pro/Batch is being used in conjunction with Pro/E to export IGES files, my experience has been that the origin will be preserved IF you are exporting your parts/subassemblies from the top level assembly.

If Pro/Batch does work in conjunction with ProductView, I would assume the same -- that the origin would be preserved IF conversion was done from the top level of the assembly (root Product Structure).

BTW - I would be interested in knowing if Pro/Batch does work with ProductView and how easily and/or successful the conversions were done.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back