Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Protoolkit dll unlock

rranganath82

I developed a dll in Protoolkit in Proe Wildfire5. When I am trying to unlock it it is taking 15 min time. Each and everytime If i make changes in my dll do I need to wait for 15 min time?Kindly suggest any alternate way to unlock it with out waiting.

if you have a toolkit license you can run locked applications; you only have to unlock it when you want to distribute it to other users

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. We have one Protoolkit licence which is there in server and distributed to more than one user and we are using the same. Then also it is taking 15min time.Kindly suggest whether in my local system only we have to keep the licence? or it can be there in server also?

Hi,

It does not matter license file in server or local system, it will grab the license while unlock the dll.
I think from WF5.0 or 4.0 onwards it is not take 15min time to hold the license.
Check the documentation for more details.

kishore

Depending on your license, you should be able to change your .psf file to automatically load it into your Creo/WF session. This way, when you are creating or debugging your code, you don't need to "unlock" the DLL every time, however it will lock the license from allowing others to use it (aka, if you have more than two people trying to use the same Toolkit license). Then, once you are satisfied with your code, you can publish your DLL and "unlock" it the normal way, and then simply distribute that unlocked DLL.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back