Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProProgram Help!

dans

Is their anyone that can explain to me how to remove pro-program from a part that has instances on it. What I would like to do is bring up the instance that I need and save it out as a new or different no. so that it breaks its tie back to the pro-program generic. This is some that has been a big problem due to the fact that the difference between the instances are so different that when you try to do anything to the part instance or generic it fails drastically. These are parts that I have inherited with the job and if it was done by me in the first place I would not have tied so many instances with so many different features together. Also the generic does have relations and parameters that control the instances. I would greatly appreciate any feedback or help.

Thank You.

Are you using I-Link?

If not, just bring up the generic and the instance in different windows. Go to the family table, and remove the desired instance column. This will make the part independant of the family table. You will even get a message telling you the instance is a stand alone object.

Make sure you have all dependant drawings, and assemblies in session or you will have failures.

Are you using I-Link?

If not, just bring up the generic and the instance in different windows. Go to the family table, and remove the desired instance column. This will make the part independant of the family table. You will even get a message telling you the instance is a stand alone object.

Make sure you have all dependant drawings, and assemblies in session or you will have failures.

I have tried both saving out a instance and removing the desired instance from the generic to break it away from the generic making it a stand alone model. But the big problem is that the person that created this monster has a lot of relations and about (20) parameters that control the proprogram and it will not let me delete the parameters because it says it is tied to the number of relations. I am in dyer need of some help or a good direction that I can take to break these models apart.

Thank You

Dan

If you want to erase the Program, first delete all the unwanted relations. Then enter the program, and delete everything under the Input heading. Finally check the program for any IF statements, and delete them. This should do the trick. If there are any specific problems contact me directly and I will address them.

better delete th e family table and remve the program so that u can convert things as per your wish easily with new relations

Open the required instance. 'Save as' in a different folder in a different name. A message appears Copied part will not be table driven. Now the part becomes independent (of the family table). Erase-Not Displayed. Chenge the Working Directory to the new one. Open the newly created part (instance). If you still want to delete the relations and program- then Program-Edit Design remove everything between Input-End Input (deletes program) and remove everything between Relations-End Reations (deletes the relations). Now you have a new and fresh part.

Regards,

Rajesh

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back