Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

proe exits

bboxster73

Hi,
I have a misterious problem..proe exits when doing a feature modification as blend sweep, or when modificating an imported file.
in the std.out file i find thes messages :

ERROR - C:\project_pro_e\config.pro, linenum 124: Keyword 'FAMILY_TABLE_EDITOR' is not valid.
ERROR: user defined system color is not set.

bboxter73,

I'm not convinced the messages in your std.out file are related to the crashing. As far as the crashing goes, are you using this ina PDM environment, or stand alone? Also, is the crash consistent with a certain button click or execution within the tool? Is it occurring with one certain file, or many files?

WRT the std.out file: browse to the config.pro file mentioned, and open it with a text editor. find the text 'FAMILY_TABLE_EDITOR' delete it and save the file.

Hi, thanks!!
so, maybe i didn't present enough information about this issue..i've thought that in the std.out file will be something witch explains or give information.
the problem happens just when working with an imported iges or step file for witch trying to do or modificate a blend feature for exemple. ..
now i'm not in the office..i will do what u have told about the config.pro and will inform u.
thanks

<hr>

i have searched for the "FAMILY_TABLE_EDITOR" in the config.pro file,
but it does not exist. also, in order to give other informations, the
model whereon i'm working is a complex component, witch almost features
are mad with "MERGE" and "BOUNDARY BLEND".
So,
when i try to MODIFY one of these blends, just cliking with right mouse
button and selecting "edit definition" proengineer exit faslty.
And when i export this file to .IGES, the same problem happens.
i'm using Wildfire 3.0

Edited by: bboxster73

boxster,

browse to your trail files and check those out. This is a record of your actions within any given session of proe. There could be a clue in here. The file name is trail.txt.#, open the latest one (or the one associated to a failed session with a text editor). The records are in chronological order, so commands at the bottom of the file were executed just before the crash.

What size is the iges file? Perhaps you are running into memory limitations... Data translation is always a bit cumbersome.

The merge/boundary blend features tell me you are working with a surface-based proe model. Do these features exist in the model tree of the imported iges file? Lastly, does this particular model have mass? Is there a "solidify" feature towards the bottom of the model tree after the boundary blends and merges?

this is what i find in the trail file, these are the last lines:
!Boundary Blend 7
~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` \
`node45`
~ PopupOver `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu` \
1 `PHTLeft.AssyTree`
~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`
~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`
~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Redefine`
-----------------------------------------------
First i mad this file with proe. but contain an imported feature, this model contains features a lot of boudary blends, merges..there is also in the layer tree the mass witch i have calculated. i let u know that when i try to edit definition of the mass, proe exits.
i tried to export this file as iges, but the same thing happens (the iges file is near the 10 mega) and there is no "solidify"

Edited by: bboxster73

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back