Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

ProE 2001 books advice

philrevell

Hello! Can the more experienced users of Proe 2001 give any advice on the following ProE 2001 books. I own the SE version of 2001 not wildfire. Experience with solidworks but begining in Proe and looking for book focused on parametric design with stepbystep examples plus models on CD. Heres a few I found:

1)Mechanical Design Modeling Using Pro/Engineer

2)ProENGINEER 2001 Instructor with CD ROM

3)Pro/ENGINEER Advanced Tutorial (Release 2001)

4)Applications in Sheet Metal Using Pro/SHEETMETAL and Pro/ENGINEER (Release 2001)

5)INSIDE Pro/SURFACE: Moving from Solid Modeling to Surface Design

6)PRO/ENGINEER SOLUTIONS ADVANCED TECHNIQUES & WORKAROUNDS.

7)Pro/ENGINEER Tutorial (Release 2001) and MultiMedia CD

8)Pro Engineer 2001 Assistant

1 and 2 have appear to have been given very good reviews. I'd love to hear the opinions of proe users on this forum.

Cheers

inside pro surface is old but it is actually useful.

I think it is more useful if you have done a little surfacing before. It is not a step by step tutorial.

I have most of the other books on your list but have not found them half as useful as the books from cadquest.

Mike

Hi Miked

Do you think inside pro-surface would be adequate for a beginner in ProE? My experience is in solidworks but do you think that would be enough for this book?

Cheers

I think you would be better off with any surface book from cadquest.

http://www.cadquest.com/books/index.htm

I have the surfacing book for 2001 and its good.

They include tutorials and files that you can download as well.

I would also look at frotime if you get a chance, they have cheap tutorials.

Mike

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back