Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problems with model regeneration

Daboa

I'm fairly new to CAD.

I've made a model with many dependent dimensions. When I change one and click regenerate, it says "Some features failed to regnerate. Choose OK to accept the results or Cancel to undo the changes." I then see a rather ugly partly-regenerated part. However, if I click OK and press regenerate a 2nd time, it finishes regenerating and things look fine. When I undo the change, I don't get the message, but still have to regenerate twice.

When I look at the regeneration manager after regenerating the first time, I see that one of my features upon which other features are dependent is "unregenerated" and there are therefore many failed regenerations. I'm wondering what's going on, whether this is okay, and what to do.

For bonus points: I defined an extrude depth to be a fraction of a variable I defined under "relations." Now it seems I can't go back and change the depth by editing the extrude's definition and when I try to change it in "relations" there seems to be no effect except on the depth, but other values dependent on the depth do change. How can I change the extrude's depth?

Thanks a lot.

When you have dependant dimensions you need to be aware that a double regenreation may be necessary. It may be difficult to say whether a double regeneration is required without knowing your intent and how things are defined in your model.

For model dimensions controlled by relations you won't be able to edit the definition of the feature and change the value of the dimension. If you want to temporarily disable the relation without deleting it add /* to the beginning of the relation definition line.

Double Regeneration in creo 2.0

How to make automatic update of sketch references (whose references are not updated after model regeneration?
Is there any way to skip double regeneration process (by modifying config.pro)?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back