Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Problem with range of thicken

DonChunior

Hi together!

I've a part with a planar surface which is thickened.

If I want to modify the thickness using "edit" the maximum possiblevalue is 100mm. If I use "edit definition" the maximum value is 484.97mm.

The size of the surface is 280x280 and the absoluteaccuracy of the model is set to 0.01.

What could be the reason for the limitations of the thickness?

I work with Pro/E Wildfire 3.0 M210.

2009-05-25_051403_problem_thicken.zip

Hi Don,

I edited the part provided by you by double clicking on the model,it is taking thickness upto 100000.00mm(thatz the max. value i tried).

As u said for the "edit definition" the maximum value is 484.97mm.i think it is set by the PTC.I dont have much idea about that.

Iam using WF3.0 M060.

Edited by: raghu_reddy2

I also posted this problem on the German CAD platform http://www.cad.de/which I usually use, because my mother tongue is German.

There's a guy who works with Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 M070 has the same effect. Another one, using Pro/E Wildfire 3.0 M160, has no problems.

The current state is:

Pro/E Wf 3.0 M160: "edit" and "edit definition" ?

Pro/E Wf 3.0 M060 and Pro/E Wf 4.0 M050: "edit" works, "edit definition" doesn't work

Pro/E Wf 3.0 M210 and Pro/E Wf 4.0 M070: "edit" and "edit definition" bothdon't work
Edited by: DonChunior

For your information:

A person on http://www.cad.de/could help me.

He wrote, that they design aluminium sections with a length up to 8000mm, where they use the thicken feature. As long as they worked with Pro/E Wf 4.0 M040 everything was fine. When they changed to Pro/E Wf M070 they had the same problem which I had and they changed back to M040. PTC declared, that they removed the possibility of subsequent editing but in the Pro/E Wf 4.0 M090 it should work again.

Here's the Link to the complete forum article, for those who can read German: http://ww3.cad.de/foren/ubb/Forum12/HTML/017914.shtml

WF4 m050

Edit works unlimited (tried 500000 and got no problems)

edit definiton is limited to 484..

The reason? dont know, probably just a limit set by PTC , and maybeyou just shoudnt use thicken for this kind of modell?

//Tobias

Hi Tobias!

I know there are enough other methods to get the same result.

Although, my opinion is, that it should be the decicion of the designer which thickness he wants.

Kind regards, Domenic

offcourse, i never doubted your skills! I also saw in your post "cad.de" that you alreday got the info i provided.

Anyway, i think it

hahaha funny one:

i am using WF2 M180 and if i just edit the thick dimension, i can go till 1000000.00 and if i do same with "edit difinition" option i can go till 484.97.

my absolute accuracy is 0.0012

This is a bug that was resolved by PTC. The fix was implemented aroundWF4 M070 and whichever WF3 builds were released then... (M180?)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back